This course is step 3 on the path to learning Kriya Yoga. To learn more about the 4 steps required in order to be initiated into Kriya Yoga click here.
In this course you will learn about the Guru-Disciple relationship. This course will explain the need for a proper teacher on the path to achieving self-realization. We will discuss how to identify a true guru. We will also discuss the importance of the commitment of discipleship, and what the ramifications of this commitment are. At the end of this course a vow of commitment and Discipleship to Parmahansa Yogananda is offered to the student if he feels ready for it.
- You will receive weekly reading assignments as PDFs from the book A Handbook on Discipleship.
- Live webinars by a mentor to explain the teachings.
- You will need to complete the reading assignments, give the quizzes, and attend the webinars.
- You will be able to ask the instructor questions.
- Audio explanations of discipleship by Swami Kriyananda as well as other supplementary videos are provided in this Course to deepen your understanding.
The topics covered are:
- Why do I need a Guru
- The Disciple’s part
- Attunement with the Guru
- Life with a Master
- Paramhansa Yogananda: Incarnation of Divine Love
- The Guru as a Divine Friend
- A New Dispensation – Discipleship Initiation: Is it Right for You?
An instructor and an Acharya will give the Discpleship vow.
There are 7 live webinars in this series. The mentors conducting this course can be found here.
How do I register?
To register contact us at email@example.com