This course is step three on the path to learning Kriya Yoga. To learn more about the 4 steps required in order to be initiated into Kriya click here .
In this Course you will learn about the Guru Disciple relationship. This Course will explain the need for a proper teacher in the big endeavour of achieving self-realization. We will discuss how to identify a true guru. We will also discuss the importance of the commitment of discipleship, and what the ramifications of this commitment are. At the end of this Course a vow of commitment and discipleship to Parmahansa Yogananda is offered to the student if he feels ready for it.
Most students who take this class have already passed Steps 1 and 2 which are the Lessons in Meditation and The Art and Science of Raja Yoga respectively. Students who haven’t passed steps 1 and 2 are occasionally allowed into this 3rd step. Please contact us for more information.
The topics covered are:
- Why do I need a Guru
- The Disciple’s part
- Attunement with the Guru
- Life with a Master
- Paramhansa Yogananda: Incarnation of Divine Love
- The Guru as a Divine Friend
- A New Dispensation – Discipleship Initiation: Is it Right for You?
An instructor and an Acharya will give the Discpleship vow.
There are 7 live webinars in this series.
What will I be required to do?
- You will receive weekly reading assignments as PDFs from the book A Handbook on Discipleship.
- You will receive weekly quizzes that will be graded by teacher.
- You will need to complete the reading assignments, give the quizzes, and attend the webinars.
- You will get opportunity to ask questions via forums or personal guidance via email.
- Audio explanations of discipleship by Swami Kriyananda as well as other supplementary videos are provided in this Course to deepen your understanding.
How do I register?
To be able to register you need to enroll for the course by clicking below button.
The course cost is R 550