This course is step three on the path to learning Kriya Yoga. To learn more about the 4 steps required in order to be initiated into Kriya click here .
In this Course you will learn about the Guru Disciple relationship. This Course will explain the need for a proper teacher in the big endeavour of achieving self-realization. We will discuss how to identify a true guru. We will also discuss the importance of the commitment of discipleship, and what the ramifications of this commitment are. At the end of this Course a vow of commitment and discipleship to Parmahansa Yogananda is offered to the student if he feels ready for it.
Most students who take this class have already passed Steps 1 and 2 which are the Lessons in Meditation and The Art and Science of Raja Yoga respectively. Students who haven’t passed steps 1 and 2 are occasionally allowed into this 3rd step. Please contact us for more information.
- Why do I need a Guru
- The Disciple’s part
- Attunement with the Guru
- Life with a Master
- Paramhansa Yogananda: Incarnation of Divine Love
- The Guru as a Divine Friend
- A New Dispensation – Discipleship Initiation: Is it Right for You?
An instructor and an Acharya will give the Discpleship vow.
There are 9 live webinars in this series.
- You will receive weekly reading assignments as PDFs from the book A Handbook on Discipleship.
- You will receive weekly quizzes that will be graded by teacher.
- You will need to complete the reading assignments, give the quizzes, and attend the webinars.
- You will get opportunity to ask questions via forums or personal guidance via email.
- Audio explanations of discipleship by Swami Kriyananda as well as other supplementary videos are provided in this Course to deepen your understanding.
To register, click on “Enroll Now” below and complete the payment. Choose “Returning Customer” on checkout page and login with existing credentials before filling the billing details. You will be enrolled once payment is completed.
The course cost is Rs. 1500